The voice recognition software option on most new cell phones was designed to make texting safer but it may actually be doing more harm than good. I can’t argue with this eiter, as I use the ‘voice-to-text’ feature on my smart phone, but not while driving because it seems to be even MORE distracting. Once you speak, you have to look at the phone to see what it typed for you, defeating the purpose completely! You agree?
Just about everyone I know had a hard time getting used to a new ‘smartphone’ with all the new bells and whistles! Trying to make a phone call was a major challenge when I first got mine about a year ago! My husband hated his, and said he wanted to throw it out the window and get his old regular phone back! But he got used to his and now he can text, email check his Facebook and post pictures too! It probably wouldn’t surprise you that the majority of us who own a smartphone say that we could not live without them. It’s interesting what we tend to do with them….
You’d think those who work in Silicon Valley, of all places, would want you to be dependent upon your smartphones and tablets—but increasingly, those in the tech industry are actually worried about our growing addiction to our devices. It really drives me crazy when I am hanging out with my friends and they are so busy posting crap on Facebook, answering and sending texts, and checking email, that they practically ignore the REAL people that they are with, giving more attention to their phone instead! How about you?
Times are changing…and now everything seems to be ‘mobile,’ as in using your mobile phone! A new study has found that women are more likely than men to send longer text messages and type out “I love you” when texting, perhaps in an attempt to deepen relationships. The report also reveals that while men are more likely to text a larger number of contacts — 17, on average while women are more likely to text the same 13 people over and over again. Those women are about 41 percent more likely to send longer text messages, though, and about 54 percent more likely to write “I love you.” Things can get really interesting when you start using the ‘voice to text’ feature….
The next time you want an honest answer from someone, you might want to try texting them rather than talking to them. People are more likely to tell the truth in a text message than in a voice interview, according to researchers at the Institute for Social Research. We are beginning to get so accustomed to texting that we are finding it easier to tell the truth through these forms of communication, as opposed to having a conversation with someone.
While I haven’t completely mastered texting on my phone, there are millions of people that have. And while texting and driving is illegal in most places, texting and walking isn’t. Even though it isn’t illegal, […]
A new Yahoo survey finds that more than half of adults say it’s OK to text in just about any social situation – including during family dinners, weddings, parties – and even while in bed. […]
I’m not gonna lie, I was not a fan of ‘texting‘ at all when it first became popular. I actually hated when people sent me a text, because I totally preferred talking on the phone […]
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people start chatting it up at the movie theaters, or even decides to start text messaging during the show. One woman in Austin, Texas has been made […]
My father-in-law John Young is 89 years old and never ceases to amaze me! Not only is he the happiest and sweetest man I know, he is also more computer savvy than people half his […]
Best of the Top 10’s
- Fun & Freakish Fashion At... Tim McGraw's 2 Lanes Of... Tim McGraw's Superstar Summer... April Showers Bring May...
- Weston Burt Comes To... Hot Country Music Mommas! Taylor Swift Brings Her Red... Country Stars Pay Respect At...
- Remembering George Jones:... Keith Urban's Fourth Annual... SNEAK PEEK: 'Tim McGraw's... Backstage At ACM Awards With...
- 48th Annual ACM Awards Best,... Backstage With All The Stars... 2013 Tigers Opening Day Block... Amazing View From One World...
- Are you ready to #OctopiHockeytown @DetroitRedWings Fans?! The puck drops at 8 tonight. Listen to #WingsRoundHere cbsloc.al/14OGxE7 6 hours ago
- Top 10 Country Songs For Memorial Day, Saluting Our Troops cbsloc.al/Zl0kw6 10 hours ago
- All Memorial Day Weekend, Win 3 Day Hoedown Passes! cbsloc.al/13RMvom 15 hours ago
- One off from a no hitter at the @Tigers game tonight and fireworks are back at Comerica! cbsloc.al/10YXKXJ http://t.co/JdOgrp2FnH 1 day ago
- RT @johnson_shawna: @DrakeWhite @995WYCD YESSS!!! #theSimpleLife http://t.co/wLWGXYDezW 1 day ago