On Thursday, May 2, 2013, George Jones left the Grand Ole Opry House for the final time. Family, friends and fans — literally from around the world — piled into the 4,400-seat home of the longest-running U.S. […]
The legendary George Jones surely was smiling down from Heaven today, as the country music community honored and memorialized ‘the GREATEST country singer of all time’ in the public funeral service from the Grand Ole Opry this morning. For the legions of fans like myself, I shed both happy and sad tears as I listened to all his friends share memories and sing special tribute songs in honor of “The Possum”…
The funeral for George Jones will take place at The Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville starting at 10 AM CT today. The service will be open to the public and doors will open at […]
Halfway through Toby Keith’s set on Friday night at the Stagecoach Country Music Festival in Indio, California, Keith stopped the music to talk about his old friend George Jones, who had passed away that morning. […]
The country music world lost George Jones on Friday (April 26). Since then, country artists and fans alike have been sharing their condolences and memories of the singer. His funeral will take place on Thursday […]
The country community continues to share their condolences and memories of George Jones who passed away this morning (April 26). Dolly Parton, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams Jr., Randy Travis and Ray Price released statements as […]
Country Music Hall of Famer, Grand Ole Opry member, and Kennedy Center Honoree George Glenn Jones died Friday, April 26, 2013 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. He was hospitalized April 18 with fever and irregular blood pressure.
You would expect country stars Garth Brooks, Dierks Bentley, Alan Jackson and Josh Turner to be on hand for George Jones’ final concert November 22 in Nashville, but who would ever think 80′s hitmaker Cyndi Lauper would show up? She’s the latest big name added to the star-studded bill, along with “American Pie” singer Don McLean and Billy Ray Cyrus. What does the “Possum” think of this?
While “He Stopped Loving Her Today,” I will always love George Jones! And I am certainly not the only one who admires and adores this country music icon. The mega-stars continue to line up for George Jones’s final concert, which is set for Nov. 22, at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena. News just in is that Garth Brooks and Kid Rock, are the latest acts announced for this celebrity studded event.
With the GRAMMY Awards only weeks away, we asked some of our favorite artists to make playlists of their favorite GRAMMY-winning songs from years past. Country star, Voice coach, and social media funnyguy Blake Shelton created a list that does a […]
Best of the Top 10’s
- Fun & Freakish Fashion At... Tim McGraw's 2 Lanes Of... Tim McGraw's Superstar Summer... April Showers Bring May...
- Weston Burt Comes To... Hot Country Music Mommas! Taylor Swift Brings Her Red... Country Stars Pay Respect At...
- Remembering George Jones:... Keith Urban's Fourth Annual... SNEAK PEEK: 'Tim McGraw's... Backstage At ACM Awards With...
- 48th Annual ACM Awards Best,... Backstage With All The Stars... 2013 Tigers Opening Day Block... Amazing View From One World...
- Win your Sunday Hoedown tickets and a chance to meet Casey James until 1pm today cbsloc.al/11VuDuQ 39 minutes ago
- @Ashley19Love Yes you can, but the ticket cost does go up day of the event. 58 minutes ago
- .@ZacBrownBand literally catapult their way into summer (beer in hand, of course) with new video #JumpRightIn: cbsloc.al/10j6QC6 1 hour ago
- Help the Oklahoma victims by texting REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief fund: cbsloc.al/10ix87E 2 hours ago
- NEW MUSIC ALERT: @dariusrucker's #TrueBelievers is finally out! cbsloc.al/13oRGbw #Country #IMPACTArtist 3 hours ago