Here is another example of ‘do as I say, not as I do’ parenting! Parents with teenagers hope, pray, and preach the dangers of texting while driving, but a new study suggests many parents are guilty of multitasking behind the wheel. They may not be texting, but they are certainly driving distracted…
The voice recognition software option on most new cell phones was designed to make texting safer but it may actually be doing more harm than good. I can’t argue with this eiter, as I use the ‘voice-to-text’ feature on my smart phone, but not while driving because it seems to be even MORE distracting. Once you speak, you have to look at the phone to see what it typed for you, defeating the purpose completely! You agree?
Texting and driving has been one of the leading causes of accidents for quite a while. It causes as many accidents as drunk driving. But when on the road there are TONS of other distractions. […]
Even though it is against the law, even though we have all been warned….people do still text and drive. A college student from Texas believes he is lucky to be alive after a terrible crash. He was texting and driving when his truck flew off of a cliff. Chance Bothe’s truck plunged off of a bridge and into a ravine. and one of the last things he typed indicated what almost happened to him. He wrote, “I need to quit texting, because I could die in a car accident.” It really is a miracle that Chance survived….
People who fail to use their turn signals are causing way too many car accidents that can be prevented! A study conducted by the Society of Automotive Engineers found that turn signal neglect is causing millions of crashes per year and may actually be more dangerous than distracted driving. They found that 25 percent of drivers neglected to signal when turning and a whopping 48 percent neglected to do so when changing lanes. Applying these percentages to U.S. drivers as a whole translates to 750 billion instances of turn signal neglect per year – or more than 2 billion instances per day. The study estimated that approximately 2 million crashes per year are a direct result of this issue. One of my driving ‘pet peeves’ has always been people who do not use turn signals….what is your biggest pet peeve with other drivers?
We all know how dangerous it is but it doesn’t stop us all from doing it. It’s sad to hear the story of a Chicago woman who hit and killed a pedestrian while updating her […]
Yes…they are doing ’ it’…..AND they are still texting while driving, talking on their cell, eating, and driving while distracted with a bunch of friends in the car. How can we, as parents, possibly discourage them from this dangerous […]
I’m not going to lie. Prior to last week, I did it on a daily basis. But I’ve got to admit, it hasn’t been hard all to stop. My only concern about the ban is, […]
Best of the Top 10’s
- Blake Shelton Through The... Toby Keith Live At DTE Lady Antebellum Live At... Cassadee Pope Visits WYCD...
- Hottest Dads In Country Music! Glamour Shots At The CMT... Sunday Fun-Day With E&L... Sunday At The 2013 Downtown...
- Hoedown Fun With Edwards... Downtown Hoedown Crowd Saturday's Local Bands At... Jake Owen Backstage At The...
- Saturday At The 2013 Downtown... Friday's Local Bands At... Friday Night At Downtown... 2013 Downtown Hoedown Setup
- @angelalovesjay @loveandtheft I played that song around 8pm tonight. #donthate -@RobStoneRadio 1 hour ago
- The #miamidolphincheerleaders make @taylorswift13 songs even easier to listen to lol - @RobStoneRadio ow.ly/mcLn1 #easyontheeyes 2 hours ago
- #BreakingNews Actor James Gandolfini Dies At 51 cbsloc.al/12WkoHd 4 hours ago
- Who made it to song #1 2nite? Find out on the #TOP7 w/ @RobStoneRadio right now! Plus win if u kno all 7! ow.ly/mcBsr #country 5 hours ago
- @WQYKGeno @JasonAldeanFC Beaches and beautiful women must have U confused G:)@chuckon995 5 hours ago