A surprising new power couple has popped up: Lady Gaga and new pal Prince William have teamed up to end the stigma against mental illness.
On Tuesday, Lady Gaga and Prince William had a transatlantic video chat via FaceTime as part of the Heads Together campaign led William, his wife Kate Middleton and Prince Harry.
- What allegedly prompted Willaim to connect with Gaga was the open letter she wrote in 2016 revealing her struggles with post-traumatic stress disorder. During their talk, they discussed the importance of discussing mental illness openly.
- “In my life I go ‘Oh my goodness, look at all these beautiful, wonderful things that I have, I should be so happy,’” Gaga tells William. “But you can’t help it if in the morning when you wake up you are so tired, you are so sad, you are so full of anxiety and the shakes that you can barely think.”
- “It’s time that everyone speaks up and feels very normal about mental health,” he said. “It’s the same as physical health.”
- They signed off agreeing to meet in person when Gaga goes to the U.K. in October.
- The release of the video comes a day after Prince Harry revealed that he sought counseling to deal with fallout and grief of losing his mother Princess Diana at age 12.