Yes, we all know lying is bad, but let’s face it, it’s something we all do,especially parents. There are just some things parents aren’t willing to tell their kids the truth about, and now some moms and dads are fessing up to their most outrageous fibs.
A new thread on the anonymous Whisper app has parents admitting to the most shocking lies they’ve told their kids, and somehow we think other parents may be able to relate.
- “When my ex husband left and never came back I told my kids he was a secret agent away on a mission. I write letters from him once a month and mail them to the kids.”
- “I told my son that daddy will be home soon and he got all excited. He passed away a month ago. I’m not strong enough to say that again to our son.”
- “I lied to my son and told him daddy ate bad food, I didn’t want him to know his daddy was drunk.”
- “I lied that I’m working tomorrow so I can drop off my kids, skip the family time and have a me day.”
- “My daughter doesn’t know that when I drove her to college I got lost on purpose just to spend more time with her.”
- ‘My kids don’t know that I go without eating sometimes so they have enough.”
- “My children don’t know that we are on welfare and that Christmas comes from donated toys.”
- “My daughter doesn’t know she isn’t “Instagram Famous,” I pay for her to have followers.”
- “I told my son to say ‘open sesame’ in front of automatic doors so he thinks he has magic powers! Two-year-olds are so much fun.”
- “I told my kids not to bother me because I needed to shower. I’ve been playing flappy bird for at least an hour.”
Source: The Daily Mail