It happens ever 4 years…
And today, just like 2012, and the day four years before this. My Uncle Jim can finally celebrate his birthday!
Of course I’m talking about leap day, and today is it! In fact, it’s this vital extra day that partly keeps our calendars in working order!
Since we use the solar calendar, we depend on the sun to tell us how long a year is and when each of the four seasons begins.
So to keep our years aligned and remaining predictable, a leap day is added to the calendar every four years to allow for the overlooked four extra quarters to be added on!
But if you’re birthday is the 29th, today might be bittersweet (or an absolute blast!)… I know my uncle was 8 1/2 when I was born. But he had 3 kids with good job and a nice house.
However, you do have your advantages!
For example, Today, Pizza Hut will give you a free one-topping Personal Pan Pizza. All you need is your ID showing you were born Today!
- Footlocker is offering 15% off purchases of $70 or more.
- The hat store Lids will give free shipping on orders of $50 or more
- Bath & Body Works will give you $10 off any purchase of $30 or more by using the code SP168993 (through March 13).
- At Carrabba’s Italian Grill, you can use the printable coupon or online ordering code 20OFFCHECK to save 20 percent off your entire meal (through March 6).
- Golfsmith has you covered also with $20 off orders of $125 or more with code 86PUB022.
It might also be a good time to go on vacation, because not only is the weather all of a sudden bad. But Expedia is letting you save up to 29% off select hotels worldwide with reservations made today on the Expedia mobile app!
That being said, if today is your actual birthday. Happy Birthday! Enjoy it!
And WOW! you’re a lot younger than you look! 😉 (J/K!!)