99.5 WYCD, along with our sister stations 98.7 AMP Radio, 104.3 WOMC and WWJ and the City of Taylor, will be conducting a bottled water drive and encouraging people to drop off bottled water at the Home Depot at Telegraph and Goddard this Tuesday (January 19) through Friday (January 22).
After collection, water will be delivered to Flint to assist with their current water crisis.
The goal is to fill a semi-truck which will be parked at the Home Depot. Please bring cases of water only.
Since President Obama declared a state of emergency in Flint, several celebrities have sprung into action, with Big Sean and Chris Brown tweeting about the situation and Cher announcing her plans to donate more than 180,000 bottles of water to the city’s residents.
Please help us to assist the people of Flint during this tough time by stopping by the Home Depot at Telegraph and Goddard this week and donating a case of bottled water.
Here are several other locations are Metro Detroit that you can drop off bottled water donations in the coming days:
City of St. Clair Shores – (supplies may be dropped off between 8am and 4pm):
- Lakeview Public Schools – Wheat Administration Building, 27575 Harper Avenue and Lakeview High School, 21100 11 Mile Road
- Lake Shore Public Schools – Maintenance and Operations Building, 23120 13 Mile Road
- South Lake Schools – Administration Building, 23101 Stadium Drive
- Bethel Lutheran Church, 26400 Little Mack Avenue
- St. Clair Shores Fire Department Central Station, 26700 Harper Avenue
- Renaissance Vineyard Church – 1841 Pinecrest Dr (Monday – Thursday, 9am-5pm)
- M-BREW – 177 Vester Ave. (Monday – Saturday, 9am-9pm)
- Level One Bank – 22635 Woodward Ave. (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm)
- Speedy Auto Service – 1030 W. 8 Mile Rd. (Monday – Saturday, 8am-5pm)
- Western Market – times TBD
- Schramm’s Mead – times TBD
- 23722 Jefferson, St. Clair Shores
- 29244 Northwestern Highway, Southfield
- 400 Monroe St., Detroit
- 1952 S Telegraph Rd, Bloomfield Hills (Saturday, 12pm-5pm)
- 400 Monroe Street – 7th floor, Detroit