5 Things To Know About Hunter Hayes
In a new Billboard interview, Hunter Hayes shared five facts people might not know.
1. He’s a huge fan of HGTV.
- “I got a new apartment, so I’ve been finding antiques and things like that — just trying to make it feel like home. So I’ve been looking for stuff all over the country, and I got really obsessed with watching HGTV. My favorite show on the network is Fixer Upper.”
2. He loves Bryan White
- “He bridged a lot of sounds together, and made it seem realistic in a really cool way. I have a lot of respect for him.”
3. Hunter can’t play fiddle, but he can play 30 other instruments really well.
- “But I want to play it. I want it in my music so bad.”
4. He really wants to create a James Bond theme.
- “I haven’t seen Spectre yet, but it’s on my list of things to do when I get back in town. It’s probably going to be a Thanksgiving holiday weekend kind of thing.”
5. His mom’s gumbo is his all-time favorite meal.
- “I grew up with it. It’s what feels and tastes like home. The smell of it getting ready in the kitchen is really rad.”
Cooking totally runs in the Hayes family. Every year, he looks forward to Thanksgiving at grandma’s. “Both my grandmothers are excellent cooks. One in particular will cook for days for this meal, and it is epic. If I want to impress any of my friends and let them get to know my family, this is meal I take them to, like, ‘Hey! You’ve got to come over for Thanksgiving just to hang out for a bit.’”