Even though you might not think about it too much, you probably get embarrassed at least twice a week. I mean it happens to us all one way or another. According to a new survey, Americans embarrass themselves CONSTANTLY. But we deal with those situations in a few different ways. When people do something embarrassing, 33% say they immediately APOLOGIZE for it . . . 22% crack a joke to cover it up . . . 21% pretend it didn’t happen . . . and 6% are compelled to actually leave the ROOM.
Here are five more random stats from the poll.
1. 65% of employees have embarrassed themselves at work.
2. 72% of women and 56% of men think LYING to avoid an embarrassing moment is okay.
3. The most embarrassing age is 16, but 28% of adults STILL feel like they’re in an “awkward stage.”
4. 12% of Americans have had their credit card declined while they were on a date.
5. Women say the most embarrassing thing they’ve done on a date is spill FOOD on themselves . . . men say it’s PASSING GAS.
Read More At PRNewswire.com