The Westland Fire Department is raising money to help the family of a colleague killed on the job.
Brian Woehlke, 29, was a new addition to the Westland Fire Department, with about 10 months on the job, when he was fighting a fire at the Electric Stick billiard hall turned charity poker hall – in Westland at Wayne Road near Warren Road on Wednesday.
The Westland Fire Department has established a charity fund for Woehlke’s 13-month-old daughter and his wife.
Anyone interested in donating can do so online though PayPal at this link. Alternatively, you may make a check out to the Westland Firefighters Charity, P.O. Box 851320, Westland, MI 48185 — or drop a check off to Station 1, which is located at the southwest corner of Ford Road and Central City in Westland.
The Department will forward all money to a trust that is going to be setup by the family.