Being ‘Happy’ Is A Choice: ‘Top 5′ Things That Happy People Do!
There are two types of people in the world: those who choose to be happy, and those who choose to be unhappy. Believe it or not, it really is a choice! It’s like the age old analogy, you either ‘look at your glass as half full, or half empty’… and a half full glass is far better! If you are looking to tune up your attitude, here are the ‘top 5′ things that truly happy people do…
The ‘TOP 5′ things that happy people do include:
1) Happy people don’t hold grudges. Happy people understand that it’s better to forgive and forget than to let their negative feelings crowd out their positive feelings.
2) Happy people see problems as challenges. The word “problem” is never part of a happy person’s vocabulary.
3) Happy people express gratitude for what they already have. The happiest people don’t have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
4) Happy people dream big. People who get into the habit of dreaming big are more likely to accomplish their goals than those who don’t.
5) Happy people tell the truth. Lying stresses you out, corrodes your self-esteem, and makes you unlikeable. The truth will set you free.
People ask me all the time, “Are you REALLY as happy as you seem to be all the time?” The honest answer is that I have a bazillion ‘challenges’ in my life, and the same drama as everyone else. But I choose to deal with whatever life throws at me in the most positive way possible. I have been divorced twice. I have had family and friends die unexpectedly. I have been so poor, I could not pay my bills or buy food. But even in the WORST of times, I always had FAITH that ‘tomorrow is a new day, and things will get better”. And they did. I believe that if you keep a POSITIVE attitude and realize that ‘bad things do happen to good people, and this too shall pass, it makes life’s inevitable ‘downs’ so much easier to deal with! Most importantly for me, is my FAITH in God, and believing that he will take care of me. And he has! I am truly blessed! And I thank God every single day for all the blessings in my life!
What would you add to this list of what do happy people do?
Read more at Life’d