‘Staging Tips’ & Smells To Help Sell Your Home Quick!
If you are planning on selling your home, there are some things you can do to make your home more attractive to potential buyers for sure! Everyone loves the smell of freshly baked cookies, but don’t expect that aroma to sell your home. Homeowners are often coached to create pleasing aromas when potential buyers pay a visit. But complex smells, like baked goods and potpourri, are likely to damp enthusiasm, according to research from Washington State University. Here are some better scents to try instead, along with some other great tips to ‘stage your home‘ for a quick sale!
Complex scents, even if they’re pleasant, can be a distraction because some people subconsciously dedicate time and energy to figuring out what the aroma is. Instead, try simple scents, such as lemon, basil and pine, since they’re easier to process.
I recently put my old house in Westland on the market, and it sold it less than 2 weeks after I hired my girlfriend Debbie to ‘stage the home’ for a quick sale! We used Debbie to do the same thing for my father-in-laws home that was sold last year, and it too sold in less than 30 days after Debbie worked her ‘magic!’
To ‘stage your home’ for a quick sale, some things you should do are:
1) Get rid of ALL the clutter. A buyers ‘first impression’ is truly the most important thing to remember.
2) Make sure that the yard, driveway, porch and entry door is clean and tidy. If necessary, replace any old fixtures like porch lights, welcome mat or mailbox. Take a close look at the outside of your home and make sure that it looks as nice as possible so the first thing a potential buyer will see is nice and clean and tidy!
3) Remove your ‘family photos’ from the walls and shelves, as a prospective buyer likes to envision their own furniture and stuff in the home.
4) If you have rooms that are crowed with furniture, remove as much furniture as possible to create a more ‘open’ look in each room.
5) Do as many simple and cheap repairs as possible, like re-caulking the bathtub or windows to make them look clean and new.
6) Probably the most important is to make your home as CLEAN as possible. And tidy, even the closets because potential buyers will be looking into your closets too!
If you have been thinking about selling your home, now really is a good time to sell! Interest rates are super cheap, which means home prices have gone up considerably in just the past year alon!