Who Are Taylor Swift’s Favorites Among This Year’s GRAMMY Nominees?
As she explained during an interview with Chuck Edwards and Linda Lee of Detroit’s WYCD yesterday, she’s “nervous,” stoked,” and “excited”–“all of it bundled up in one”–about GRAMMY weekend. And the fact that she’s not just appearing on the show, or even performing, but that she’s opening the show this year.
“Opening up the GRAMMYs, I’m very aware of what a big deal this is,” she says. “I’ve never opened the GRAMMYs before. So who knows what that’ll be like. Any time you get to experience something for the first time in your career, it’s really exciting.”
But it’s not just the ceremony itself that’s on her mind. “I’m excited about all of it,” she says of the weekend’s worth of events. “They have parties the night before, you get to see all these performances.” And then, she says, the day of the show (Sunday Feb. 10), “you get to see your favorite artists. I’ll get to see the Civil Wars, with whom I’m nominated with, twice.”
Taylor and the Civil Wars are nominated for Best Country Duo/Group Performance for the song “Safe and Sound” from The Hunger Games, as well as Best Song Written for Visual Media for “Safe and Sound” (along with and producer/songwriter T-Bone Burnett ).
Speaking of this year’s GRAMMY nominees, does she have any personal favorites?
And among the artists performing live during the GRAMMYs, whom she is most looking forward to seeing?
“My friend Ed Sheeran,” she says. “He’s got something crazy up his sleeve for his performance, so I’m really excited.”
The 55th GRAMMY Awards take place Sunday, Feb. 10 at 8pm ET on CBS.
Need proof that Taylor Swift has become one of the most successful artists on the planet?
- Kurt Wolff, Radio.com and Linda Lee,99.5 WYCD
Check out this list of Taylor Swift’s ‘most recent’ accomplishments:
· At Country radio, “Begin Again” is at #8* and climbing Billboard’s Top 10, with more than 26 million audience impressions this week alone. “Begin Again” is at #1 on the Great American Country Top 20 Video Countdown, is at #3 at CMT, and is Top 10 at radio in Australia and Canada.
· ”Begin Again” is from Taylor’s 5+ million-selling current album RED. Released on Big Machine Records, RED has been certified 4X Platinum in the U.S. for sales in excess of 4 million albums, and the disc’s worldwide sales total is now past 5.4 million. Just last week RED was certified Platinum in the UK.
· Taylor spent 9 consecutive weeks at #1 on the Billboard Country Songs chart with “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” (the lead single from RED), setting Billboard’s all-time record for most weeks at #1 on the Country chart by a female artist
· With RED, Taylor Swift becomes the first artist since the Beatles (and the only female artist in history) to log six or more weeks at #1 with three consecutive studio albums. RED has topped the Billboard 200 Albums Chart for seven weeks, following Fearless (11 weeks), and Speak Now (6 weeks).
· Taylor has topped the Billboard album chart for 24 weeks in her 4-album career, holding the record (tied with Adele) for the most weeks by a female artist at #1 on the chart since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales figures for Billboard in 1991.
· Last month, Taylor marked another Billboard milestone, as “The Moment I Knew,” from RED, was released at iTunes, becoming her 57th career Hot 100 charting single, pushing her past Madonna and Dionne Warwick to become the woman with the second-most number of charted singles in the chart’s 54-year history. Aretha Franklin holds the record.
· This week Taylor celebrates her 3rd consecutive week at #1 on the Billboard Mainstream Top 40 chart with “I Knew You Were Trouble.”
· Taylor first topped Billboard’s pop charts in 2009, when “Love Story” became the first country crossover to land at #1 on CHR/Top 40 in the 16-year history of Billboard’s Nielsen BDS chart.
· This Sunday, Taylor has landed the coveted show-opening performance slot on the 55th Annual Grammy Awards, where she is up for three trophies:
1) Record of the Year for “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”
2) Best Song Written for Visual Media for “Safe & Sound” from The Hunger Games (with The Civil Wars and T Bone Burnett)
3) Best Country Duo or Group Performance for “Safe & Sound” (with The Civil Wars)
· Due to high fan demand, Taylor continues to add shows to her upcoming RED Tour, which kicks off on March 13th in Omaha, Nebraska. The RED Tour will now include 13 stadium stops, for a total of 66 shows in 47 cities in 29 states and 3 provinces in 2013
· Taylor was just in Europe last week for performances on the NRJ Music Awards in France and the 40 Principales Awards in Spain, where she took home the Best International Artist trophy.
· Earlier this year, Taylor was named Favorite Country Artist at the People’s Choice Awards, her third consecutive win in that category.
· DoSomething.Org ranked Taylor at #1 on their 2012 “Top Celebrities Gone Good” list, their annual year-end ranking of celebrity philanthropists.
- Courtesy of John Zarling, Big Machine Label Group