I hate to say it, but usually women are not that great at picking out gifts for their men. Now, sometimes they do a good job if they get EXACTLY what the man asked for. But sometimes they cannot even do that!
Here is a list of a few things that I beg you NOT to buy your man this year. If they don’t give you any help, tell them you will buy one of these, and he will probably come up with a great idea!
There are quite a few things that I could think of I don’t want for Christmas. Here is a list of 10 things that I would be pretty upset by.
1. A Tie – I don’t wear them. And when I do, I have a few that I can choose from. Please… NO TIES!
2. Clothes – Unless the man specifically said “I want this exact shirt,” he probably won’t wear what you think “looks cute” on him.
3. A man bag – ’nuff said!
4. Gadgets – Again, unless you are buying EXACTLY what he wants, you probably won’t guess the exact thing he wants!
5. Jewelry – Men might wear a necklace or something small, but don’t go all out with jewelry. The money could be better spent else where.
6. Stuffed animals – while it might be cute when you first start dating to get a man a stuffed animal, it’s not as cute to guys when that is all he gets from “Santa.”
7. Cologne – Like most things, you probably don’t have the same taste in scents as your man does. I would stick away from most scents unless you know your man likes to wear it!
8. A small gift card to an expensive restaurant – More than likely, your man wouldn’t be going to the $50 a plate restaurant any time soon, so if you give him $25 to a place that will cost him $100 or over for the two of you, he might not be too happy.
9. Golf clubs – Unless you golf with him on a regular basis, you don’t know what he wants or needs. You might feel kinda bad if he has to return that expensive putter because he already has one, or doesn’t like what you got him.
10. Cheese of the month club – your man might like cheese. He might eat A LOT of it, but that doesn’t mean he wants you to spend an arm and a leg to get something he already buys on his own. Also, some of those cheeses are probably more fancy than he is used to!
I really hope this helps. My biggest suggestion is to truly ask him what he wants. If you threaten him with one of these, and he is OK with it, go for it!