When you have a baby, you don’t get a ‘parenting manual‘ to take home from the hospital with your newborn. For most new parents, myself included, taking care of a baby is a baptism by fire! Once you get through the ‘baby phase’ the REAL fun begins as you learn how to deal with a toddler, in the ‘terrible two’s’ when most kids favorite word is “NO!” So this list of the ‘top 10 parenting lessons’ that many parents had to learn the hard way, may come in handy and help you to avoid the ‘bad things that can happen to good parents!’ The ‘top 10’ things to remember are…
Top 10 Parenting Lessons:
1) Super glue has no place in a house with young children.
2) Neither do Sharpie’s.
3) There is no such thing as allowing your kid to play with your phone “just once.”
4) Don’t use Google to diagnose illnesses. Ever.
5) Always carry wipes, long after diaper wearing has ended.
6) Keep track of who gave what at birthday parties.
7) Never stock batteries in your house, or you will be forced to make obnoxiously loud toys work once again.
8) Backup all photos. Better yet, print them.
9) Don’t ever leave scissors where your small child can find them, even ‘child-safe’ scissors. Self haircuts are not pretty!
10) Look in the oven before you turn it on…you never know what your kid may have hidden in there!
What would you add to this list?