Don’t miss out on seeing your favorite country artists on television this week! We have the schedule and details for you below. Time to set your DVR and see David Nail, Carrie Underwood, John Rich, Lionel Richie, Blake Shelton and more!
Tuesday, August 14
- David Nail recorded a moving video of Adele’s “Someone Like You” (watch below) and will be talking about this cover and his new hit single, “The Sound of a Million Dreams” as well as upcoming tour dates with host Suzanne Alexander on GAC’s On The Streets (re-airs August 15). Check here for local listings.
Wednesday, August 15
- Carrie Underwood’s set list will include the title track from her latest album Blown Away, as she performs in Rockefeller Center on NBC’s Today Show Summer Concert Series. The Today Show airs on NBC at 7 a.m., check here for local listings.
- “Neon” hit maker Chris Young will play host VJ For A Day on CMT debuting at 10 a.m. ET. As Video DJ for one hour, Chris gets to choose his favorite music videos by his artist friends in the country music business.
Thursday, August 16
- Lionel Richie will be performing on NBC’s Today Show Summer Concert Series, airing at 7 a.m. His latest album Tuskegee is the best selling album for 2012 to date! Check here for local listings.
- John Rich has been busy filming for the next singing competition reality series, appropriately titled The Next. In each episode, John Rich, along with co-stars Gloria Estefan, Nelly and Joe Jonas will drop in on four up and coming musicians, famous in their own towns, and give them a little push to stardom, with hopes of helping them win a recording contract with Atlantic Records. The Next premieres at 9/8c on The CW. See a preview of the new series:
- GAC’s Day Jobs this week gives us a look at country artists in their previous jobs and/or dream jobs! Find out if American Idol winner Scotty McCreery can keep the check out line moving and see if Lauren Alaina still has what it takes to ‘up-sell!’ Will former professional golfer, now country artist Colt Ford get comfortable behind the mic of the biggest sports talk radio show? See Hunter Hayes get tips from IndyCar driver Josef Newgarden and go behind the wheel (if he learns to drive a stick), and though fashion comes easy for Little Big Town’s Karen Fairchild, see if she has what it takes to pull it together for a magazine photo shoot! The fun begins at 5 p.m. ET on GAC.
- Blake Shelton will be hosting GAC’s Top 20 Love Songs Countdown at 8 p.m. ET, set to re-air on August 17 and 26. Watch to see if your favorite country love songs made the final cut!
Friday, August 17
- Tune in Friday night at 8 p.m. on CBS to see ‘Teachers Rock’ concert featuring emotional tributes from Garth Brooks, Dierks Bentley, Carrie Underwood & more! The LIVE concert was August 14th – here is a preview of what you will see!
Saturday, August 18
- Eric Church, Luke Bryan, Easton Corbin and Kip Moore perform on “Noteworthy at the Opry – Young Guns.” They will shed light on their road to success, Grand Ole Opry debuts and some of the lessons they’ve learned on the way up the charts. The episode airs at 9 p.m. ET on GAC, and re-airs later in the week. Check listings.
- Nanci Haskin/99.5 WYCD