Barbecuing Could Be Deadly


After reading the title you’re probably thinking, “of course it can be deadly when you’re dealing with fire,” but there’s another risk you should watch out for. A Tacoma Washington man needed emergency surgery after having a barbecue brush bristle lodged in his stomach. Adam Wojtanowicz’s went to the emergency room after complaining of abdominal pain that wouldn’t go away. He recently hosted a cookout and said the brush bristle must have fell onto his steak and he swallowed it without noticing.

The centers for disease control says it knows of at least 6 other potentially fatal incidents involving barbecue brush bristles. Since we’re in the thick of BBQ season you might to pay close attention to your food after you grill it so you don’t end up in the hospital or worse.

I once was trying to do a magic trick with a quarter and accidentally swallowed it. I never had to go to the hospital, but it was scary going down. What awkward injuries have you had? Leave a comment below or call 313-298-1999.

More from Frank Willliam's Jr. - Weekdays 7 PM to Midnight
Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From 99.5 WYCD Detroit's Best Country

Guide: Little Caesars Arena Concert ScheduleMany of the top names in music have already booked dates at the new arena. Here are the music events booked at the arena so far.
Here’s What You Should Know About Little Caesars ArenaIf you are heading to Little Caesars Arena, you will want to bookmark this page.

Listen Live