Mega Millions: Most Frequently Drawn Numbers
If you want to win the big jackpot, it would seemingly make sense to play the numbers that come up most frequently. We did a little digging – very little, actually – and found the numbers that come up most often in Mega Millions drawings. Also, we found some of the odds nobody’s mentioning.
Let’s start with the most frequently-drawn numbers:
- #48 has been drawn 83 times
- #36 has been drawn 75 times
- #12 has been drawn 73 times
- #53 has been drawn 73 times
- #46 has been drawn 71 times
- #51 has been drawn 71 times
- #52 has been drawn 71 times
And now, the most frequently-drawn Mega Ball
- #36 has been drawn 24 times
- #9 has been drawn 22 times
- #35 has been drawn 21 times
- #7 has been drawn 20 times
- You are up to 45 times more likely to die from a lightning strike than from winning the lottery.
- You are 120 more times likely to die from flesh-eating bacteria than to win the lottery.
- You are 3-million times more likely to die in an asteroid collision in the year 2029
- You are 99-thousand times more likely to injure yourself while brushing your teeth
- The odds of winning the lottery are 1 in 58 million. The odds of getting pregnant from a one-night stand are 1 in 20.
I did a little work and came up with even more odds, though some of these are unconfirmed:
- You’re 500 times more likely to have Lindsay Lohan show up at your house asking if you have any vodka and happen to know how to defeat an ankle monitor.
- You’re 700 times more likely to discover an original Picasso being sold at a yard sale for seven bucks.
- You’re 8-thousand times more likely to be abducted by space aliens, have your brain reprogrammed, then returned to Earth so you can resume your job as a JetBlue pilot.
- You’re ten-thousand times more likely to be able to squeeze your butt cheeks together with enough force to turn sand into diamonds.
- You’re ten times more likely to find a naughty video of someone you know on the internet.
- …You’re five times more likely to discover that video is from one of us.
- …in other words, it’s Chuck.
- You’re 82 times more likely to win a gold medal at this summer’s Olympics even though you haven’t had any athletic training since high school PE.