9/11 Song: “Heaven” 2011 Remix

You must listen to this touching song. Every parent can relate to this. And you’ll want to forward it to everyone you know.

A guy named [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]DJ Sammy[/lastfm] originally did a version of this for the first anniversary of the September 11th attacks. It was from the perspective of a little girl who lost her father in the attacks. Now, it’s been updated.

[photogallerylink id=103226 align=right]
Make sure you bring your family to WYCD’s “9/11 Floating Sky Lantern Memorial Ceremony” this Sunday at Lake Erie Metropark.

Click here for details & directions.

See also:

iconyellowstar 25x25 9/11 Song: Heaven 2011 Remix“Like” Dr. Don on Facebook & Follow him on Twitter
iconyellowstar 25x25 9/11 Song: Heaven 2011 Remix“Like” us on Facebook & Follow us on Twitter
iconyellowstar 25x25 9/11 Song: Heaven 2011 RemixListen to 99.5 WYCD Live Online
iconyellowstar 25x25 9/11 Song: Heaven 2011 RemixFlip through some live concert photos
iconyellowstar 25x25 9/11 Song: Heaven 2011 RemixJoin the VIP Club and win great prizes
iconyellowstar 25x25 9/11 Song: Heaven 2011 RemixSee what concerts are coming through Detroit

1. Brenda says:

I cried all the way to work… What a beautiful song.

2. Amy says:

This song is so touching. I started crying while appling my makeup getting ready for work. You are not allowed to play that song so early in the morning! Thanks for sharing!

3. Kari says:

Wow! What a sad and moving song. Everybody will never forget and has someone they know or s love one that died. I know that I want to do something special this day. I always light a candle for the people we loss. So sad!

4. cori says:

Breaks your heart just a little more than when it broke 9/11/01

5. Felice says:

How can we download this to our iTunes or music file? Copy and paste won’t do it.

1. Dr Don says:

Not sure that it’s available there.

6. Roxanne McKee says:

I just lost my mom this past June and a dear co-work just 2 weeks ago. This song tore at my heart, but it was a very good song,

7. James Lyons says:

This song is so moving. Everyone should listen to it.

8. Greg says:

Dr. Don
    How can I get this song uploaded to facebook in order to share this terrific song with others?

1. Felice says:

@Greg, I copied and pasted the url into facebook and it came up with the thumb pic and plays. A few other people I know have done the same.

@Melissa, Just an fyi…I copied and pasted the url into a file I have made up called Lyrics, for songs just like this that aren’t available for download. That way I have them to listen to whenever I want.

9. Melissa says:

Maybe I am crazy, but I can’t figure out how to download the song at all. I heard on the radio that we could get on the website and download it, but all I can do is listen to it. There is one button that looks like it could work, but it won’t let me click on it. Has anybody else had any luck?

1. Steve Wiseman says:

It is just available to stream on the website. Sorry Melissa.

2. I found the song and same remix and youtube and shared it that way.

10. I heard this song on the way to work and cried. Had to share it with my coworkers who also cried… such a beautiful moving song.

11. travis says:

couldn’t listen past the favorite dinner part

12. Eddie Murray says:

I heard the song after dropping my daughter of at her High School this morning. My daughter had one of her stations on so I put my favorate station on WYCD when she got out of the car and the song was already playing. Within seconds of listening to a few of the little girl coments I was crying uncontrolably and had to pull over. I wasn’t even out of the parking lot of the school. I changed the station as fast as I could in hope that would help but it didn’t. My mind was re-playing her coments over & over and I had to pull over again about a mile down the road. I’m 55 and have had my share of emotional moments during my life, but nothing has effected my that quickly and even as I’m writing this, effected me to my core as much as this song has. All I can say is THANK YOU!! and GOD BLESS AMERICA.

13. Anne says:

I heard it at 7 and was crying my eyes out when I pulled up to my car dealership for an oil
    change. The poor guys didn’t know what to say or do for me. What a beautiful song from that
    child’s perspective. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
    Anne, Belle River, ON

14. Mark W says:

WOW i am a man and it takes a lot to make me so much as tear up but when i heard this song i cried. It made me feel sad and angry at the same time.

15. i started crying when i saw this song GOD BLESS America AND THE families that they lost

16. Dee says:

My husband made me listen to this. I am known as the “ice princess, very little makes me cry”. Needless to say I cried all the way thru. Thank You for sharing this with us . god bless all of you out there that loss someone. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

17. Kailee says:

I can’t find where to play the song!

1. Dr Don says:

Try a different browser to see if the player will appear for you.

18. jacob says:

the best song ever

19. My daughters lost their father when they were very young, and I know it is geared toward the 9/11 attacks but couldn’t help but think about my daughters.

20. Kevin says:

How do I listen to this song?

1. Country News says:

Just select the red arrow on the left side of the podcast. The podcast may take a second or two to load.

21. for the first couple years after September 11th, my family would sit on our porch listening to songs about America and memories and just pay tribute to the travesty that happened. i’ll never forget what happened, and i’ll never stop praying for the families that were affected.

22. Jessica says:

You should make this available to download, I know so many would act on that opportunity! Such a great song and can make anyone cry, thank you for sharing!

23. LlISSA PIERSON says:

This is so very sad! How can you listen to this and not cry?

24. Jennifer says:

When I heard you would be playing a song called “Heaven” that version wasn’t even on my radar and as a HUGE Bryan Adams fan that is one of my favorite songs in the world. When I turned station on this song had already started. I heard the young girl was asking if her daddy could see her and I almost burst into tears. My first thought was “John cannot hear this”. My friend lost his teenage daughter this year right before Easter and when I heard the song I originally thought the young girl was in heaven asking if her dad could see her. It was an unexpected perspective.
    Dr. Don stated he thinks he’s going to owe some people new mascara but as a biker, I say that is what waterproof mascara is for! Thank you for sharing this incredible song,

25. mikifinn2489 says:

If you do not cry you are a terrorists.

26. Wow…this ia amazing and very moving!

27. Felice says:

I lost my daughter 3 1/2 years ago, Wednesday was her 26 EarthBirthDay. I have the following at the bottom of all my new outgoing emails. Thought it was appropriate with this song as well when I copied the url and forwarded the song and picture to all in my email address book! Hope you like it as well. God Bless them all as he holds them all safely in his arms!

I wish Heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again. I thought of you today, but that is nothing new. I thought about you yesterday, and days before that too. I think of you in silence, I often speak your name. All I have are memories & a picture in a frame. Your memory is a keepsake, from which I’ll never part…God has you in his arms, I have you in my heart♥

28. Wow, what a beautiful song…..cried throughout the entire song……..My thoughts are with the families that lost loved ones on that horrific day!!!

29. Rome Bartholomew says:

Is there a way to download this song?

30. Elada says:

geesh.Made me cry, and I cant quit listening to it.

31. Betty says:

Dr. Don — you gave me the warning that it was box of Kleenex song — but you should have warned me that it was also a pull the car over.

For those of you that want a copy.

You Tube — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtCCvduQmQo

I cry each and every time.

I lost my mom 18 years ago — and it seems like yesterday.

32. jody says:

My son recently lost his dad and this is actually what it feels like
    its a emotion that will always be there

33. kevin says:

where can i download this song?

1. Country News says:

As of now, we don’t think it is available for download but you can continue to stream it here on this page.

34. Lyndsay says:

I almost cried on my way to school.