I am willing to bet that you personally know at least one person who suffers from diabetes. For those living with diabetes, it is a daily struggle with an insidious disease. But with YOUR help we can STOP diabetes! Please sign up now and join “Team WYCD” at the 2011 “Step Out” Walk which starts at 8:30am on September 17th, at the Detroit Zoo! This fun and family friendly event will benefit the American Diabetes Association, and is an awesome and fun way to help such a great cause! If you cannot join us on the walk, will you please consider making a donation to our team instead?
WYCD is proud to announce their support of the American Diabetes Association’s 2011 Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes. Please join us for on Saturday, September 17 at the Detroit Zoo for a morning of family fun and friendly competition between our 3 teams: Team Edwards & Lee, Dr. Don Show Team or The Coop Show Team
Registration Starts: 7:30 a.m. Walk Starts: 8:30 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies will begin at 8:15 a.m.!
Our goals are to:
* Recruit 100 walk participants.
* Raise $7,500 – $10,000 through our three WYCD teams.
Here are some quick and exciting facts about the walk:
* All registered team participants will receive a personalized web page to use for secure fundraising.
* Special VIP tent access for all registered attendees, if we hit our $5,000 team goal.
* Friends and family are welcome to participate on the team.
* Walk Day includes breakfast, all-day access to the Detroit Zoo, a Health & Wellness Festival, massage therapy, a Youth Zone, live entertainment and more!
* The ADA has many fundraising tips, tools and supplies to help us reach our goal.
* 2011 FUNDRAISING INCENTIVE: For every $500 a registered individual raises, you will be entered into a drawing to win an all-inclusive trip for two to Riviera Maya, Mexico!
Because of diabetes’ wide-reaching impact, WYCD supports the American Diabetes Association (ADA). The diabetes and the ADA are worthy of our time and efforts for the following reasons:
* Over 1 million Michigan residents have diabetes; 25.8 million children and adults have some form of diabetes in the United States.
* Someone is diagnosed with diabetes every 17 seconds.
* The ADA is the only nonprofit funding research, programs and services for all types of diabetes – type 1, type 2, pre-diabetes and gestational diabetes.
* The ADA has committed more than $550 million to diabetes research, including $5.4 million currently invested in 15 projects in Michigan.
* The ADA’s Camp Midicha is the only residential summer camp in Michigan designed for and dedicated to children and teenagers with diabetes.
If you have questions, you can contact our ADA representative Christina Johnson at 1-888-342-2383, ext. 6692 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to contact Linda Lee as well at: Linda@wycd.com or on Facebook: Linda Lee WYCD