We all know what a major influence Randy Travis has been, from his emergence on the scene out of Charlotte in the mid 80’s and how impactful his career had been on the country music scene and, fortunately for us, Randy has put it all together in a very memorable compilation in his newly released 25th Anniversary Celebration. Available Tuesday, June 7th! Once you check out the video and review, take our poll and tell us your favorite Travis hit!
“This is the kind of music that inspires you, moves you, makes you want to listen – makes you search the radio dial constantly try to find him again..” ~Tim McGraw
Randy Travis has come a long way since I used to emcee his gigs as the house band in Charlotte and this album is a “who’s who” of country purists paying tribute to Randy and singing along with him in a unique and diverse album covering all of his killer hits.
But wait! To me, the treat of the album is his new song “Everything and All” which is on the Anniversary CD as both a duet with and as a solo effort on the last cut. This song sounds like a big ole hit record and a song that sticks in your mind. I can hear radio eating this cut up!
Some other notable cuts on the album include a thoughtful cover of the classic “Forever and Ever Amen” with Zac Brown, “He Walked on Water” with Kenny Chesney which is just a soulful as the original and a sweet duet medley of Randy’s “Better Class of Losers” which morphs into Alan Jackson’s “She’s Got the Rhythm.” This album is full of mind blowing moments like that. You get everything from “Is It Still Over” with Carrie Underwood to an amazing rendition of “Road to Surrender” with Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson. All of Randy’s pals came out for this party:Jamey Johnson, John Anderson, Josh Turner, and reaches kind of a zenith with “Didn’t We Shine” with Randy and George Jones, Ray Price, Connie Smith and Lorrie Morgan. Now THAT’S Country music and Randy delivers it strong on this fun and wonderful retrospective release. ~ Tim Roberts, CBS Radio Program Director
Select the “next” button below for the track listing for Randy Travis‘ 25th Anniversary Celebration! See NBC Today Show performance with Josh Turner!
In celebration of his new CD, Randy appeared on the NBC Today Show to perform with friend and country music artist Josh Turner. “T.I.M.E.” is a featured track on this Anniversary Album:Vodpod videos no longer available.
25th Anniversary Celebration Track Listing:
1. “Everything and All” featuring Brad Paisley
2. “A Few Ole Country Boys” featuring Jamey Johnson
3. “Forever and Ever, Amen” featuring Zac Brown Band
4. “He Walked On Water” featuring Kenny Chesney
5. “T.I.M.E.” featuring Josh Turner
6. “Love Looks Good On You” featuring Kristin Chenoweth
7. “Better Class of Losers/She’s Got The Rhythm (And I Got The Blues)” medley feat. Alan Jackson
8. “More Life” featuring Don Henley
9. “Can’t Hurt A Man” featuring Tim McGraw
10. “Promises” featuring Shelby Lynne
11. “Is it Still Over?” featuring Carrie Underwood
12. “Road To Surrender” featuring Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson
13. “Diggin’ Up Bones” featuring John Anderson
14. “Someone You Never Knew” featuring Eamonn McCrystal
15. “Too Much” featuring James Otto
16. “Didn’t We Shine” featuring George Jones, Lorrie Morgan, Ray Price, Connie Smith, Joe Stampley and Gene Watson
Go to the “Next” page to vote on your favorite Randy Travis hit!
Tell us your favorite Randy Travis song! Don’t see it on here? Leave us a comment!