Downtown Hoedown Artist Line-Up For Friday, May 13th!

Joe Nichols

Photo Courtesy of Show Dog Universal

Here is the Artist Line-up for 99.5 WYCD’s Downtown Hoedown, presented by Ram Truck Brand, for Friday, May 13, 2011!

joe nichols Downtown Hoedown Artist Line Up For Friday, May 13th! JOE NICHOLS
Friday, May 13, 10:05 p.m.
Main Stage
Videos | Photos
Jerrod Niemann JERROD NIEMANN
Friday, May 13, 8:35 p.m.
Main Stage
Videos | Photos
aaron lewis Downtown Hoedown Artist Line Up For Friday, May 13th! AARON LEWIS
Friday, May 13, 7:35 p.m.
Main Stage
Videos | Photos
Website | Last.fm
sunny sweeney Downtown Hoedown Artist Line Up For Friday, May 13th! SUNNY SWEENEY
Friday, May 13, 6:40 p.m.
Main Stage
Videos | Photos
Website | Last.fm
thompson square Downtown Hoedown Artist Line Up For Friday, May 13th! THOMPSON SQUARE
Friday, May 13, 5:50 p.m.
Main Stage
Videos | Photos
chuck wicks2 Downtown Hoedown Artist Line Up For Friday, May 13th! CHUCK WICKS
Friday, May 13, 4:45 p.m.
Lower Stage
Video | Photos
Website
| Last.fm
due west2 Downtown Hoedown Artist Line Up For Friday, May 13th! DUE WEST
Friday, May 13, 3:45 p.m.
Lower Stage
Videos | Photos
Website | Last.fm
justine blazer Downtown Hoedown Artist Line Up For Friday, May 13th! JUSTINE BLAZER
Friday, May 13, 3:00 p.m.
Lower Stage
Videos | Photos
billy craig Downtown Hoedown Artist Line Up For Friday, May 13th! BILLY CRAIG
Friday, May 13, 7:00 p.m.
River Stage
Videos | Photos | Parody Songs
Website | Last.fm
scott thompson Downtown Hoedown Artist Line Up For Friday, May 13th! SCOTT THOMPSON BAND
Friday, May 13, 6:00 p.m.
River Stage
Videos | Photos
Website | Last.fm
shelagh brown Downtown Hoedown Artist Line Up For Friday, May 13th! SHELAGH BROWN
Friday, May 13, 5:00 p.m.
River Stage
Videos | Photos
Website | Last.fm
brian lorente31 Downtown Hoedown Artist Line Up For Friday, May 13th! BRIAN LORENTE &
THE USUAL SUSPECTS

Friday, May 13, 4:00 p.m.
River Stage
Videos | Photos
Website | Last.fm
gunnar and grizzly boys Downtown Hoedown Artist Line Up For Friday, May 13th! GUNNAR & THE GRIZZLY BOYS
Friday, May 13, 3:00 p.m.
River Stage
Videos | Photos
Website | Last.fm

Please note that times are approximate and subject to change so check back often to WYCD.COM!

Comments

1. Samantha says:

What????? No Justin Moore, I’m sad.

1. Kim says:

lol, Id complain if I was you LOL

2. Sabrina says:

Meee too! i love justin :[

2. Billy Craig says:

Climb aboard the Billy Craig Twitter Train…..

3. roger says:

Joel Sebring going on at 4:00 PM?

1. Lynne says:

Christian Kane?!?!? That’s all I’m saying

4. Tina Robinson says:

Still was hoping to see our formerly local talent of Jason Wesley

5. Carol Feiler says:

well is no all wheel drive band maybe i will see you next year

6. Ashley says:

Joe Nichols is so yummy lookin’, it’s ridiculous.

I agree Samantha, no Justin Moore, bummer!
    After all this time, I figured out that’s his wife in the “Small Town USA” video, duh…

7. cassie says:

excited to see shelagh for the first time .. hoping she makes an appearance on stage with josh saturday to sing only when it rains with him

8. Danielle says:

What happen to Jason Micheal Carroll?

1. Amanda says:

I agree with this !

2. Jamie says:

The only years I have been to the hoedown are the years Jason Michael Carroll has been there (I didn’t know about it in 2007 but was there in 2008 and 2009)!!! It is because of him that I know what the Hoedown is!

9. Eddie says:

The one’s I’m happy about on this day are Thompson Square,Sunny Sweeney,and Jerrod Niemann.

10. Sabrina says:

The line up this yr kinda sucks not gonna lie. They are all amazing singers but we need something else to spice it up a bit. Defff dissapointed that Justin isnt gonna be there this yr. Lee Brice shoulda been on the line up too that woulda been awesome. I wish Ashton Shepherd was going too, she is awesome.

1. Carol Feiler says:

,don’t see much of Detroit in this line up, you should have put more local bands in there . Is this a who do you know kind of thing? to bad I was ready top fly back home for a week but not for this years line up maybe next year

1. Linda Lee says:

We gave all the local bands a chance to enter to play at Hoedown, and the promoters and our Program Director chose the lineup from those who submitted! I think we have a GREAT lineup of AWESOME local artists!! Linda Lee

11. johnnyb says:

I am afraid we are seeing the start of the end of the Hoedown. I understand ther is an expense to iy, but this years line-up is weak at best. I dont believe the crowd will emerge to see local acts. Perhaps a fee should be charged so as to attract national acts, this would also keep the trouble makers at bay. I hate to see this Detroit tradition end. JMO…

1. Linda Lee says:

Hi Johnny B~ I sure hope that you will come down this year and see for yourself all the GREAT local and national talent we have this year at the STILL FREE WYCD Downtown Hoedown! While lots of other ‘free concerts’ across the country have ‘gone bye-bye’…we are PROUD to be able to give our listeners like YOU…. 3 WHOLE DAYS of great and FREE country music! hope to see you there….thanks for listening and God bless! Linda Lee

1. johnnyb says:

I,ll be there Linda never miss it, I do enjoy the local bands. I hope I am wrong about the Hoedowns demise, but I have seen the Jazz festival go, and I know a lot of folks go to the Hoedown to see those they nomally couldnt see or afford to.

12. Chris says:

For those of you looking for Justin Moore, check out Gunnar & the Grizzly Boys. They’ll give you the same music with a local perspective. You’re gonna like it.

1. Ashley says:

I really like the name of that band. I checked out their site. I had to make sure it wasn’t a cross burning behind them in that “Cowgirls Make Some Noise” video. I’m joking!
      I love the description of Chris Newburg, “California Chris is King of the Keys with truly original style and beautiful hair.” RAWK!!!
      Are you Chris Newburg? Hmmm….

For those of us looking for Justin, or maybe I should speak for myself: I’m looking for his cute lil’ ass in those jeans and the way he moves like Dwight Yoakam. Many more reasons, of cousre I love his music. This is the best station

1. Ashley says:

My dumbass computer posted that too soon.

I was gonna say, this is the best station ever, but I wish you guys would play some Dwight Yoakam! Or maybe that’s too old school? I don’t know, but he’s the man.

2. Ashley says:

I’m sorry, I meant Chris “Newberg”. Gosh, that’s what I get for trying to type while I’m high on caffeine. I’m stepping away from the computer slowly…lol

3. johnnyb says:

Ashley, radio stations play what they are told to play. Very lttle leeway. If you have Satalite radio they play Dwight on xm 12 and 13 . I agree he is awesome, I believe he once played at the Hoedown.

13. Ashley says:

Heya! Yeah, I have Sirius satellite radio. I know they have a channel for new country and another for old country. I still prefer this station because of the great variety of music. That would’ve been amazing to see him at the Hoedown. I’ll get my Dwight Yoakam fix by watching his music videos on youtube. Thanks johnnyb.

“Put that can of spray paint down Connie!” hahaha good stuff…

14. Carol Feiler says:

Linda I am sure they are all great bands, I was going to come up from Florida to see one band, seeing they didn’t make the cut this year maybe next year, you do choose different bands every year correct?

1. Linda Lee says:

Every year is different Carol! Some bands get to return, and some new ones get to play. What band we you hoping to see?

1. Carol Feiler says:

I really wanted to see the all wheel drive band, I know they are new but I like them would loved to see them live and this venue would have been worth the trip, see if your anything like our Chili gook off we have down here every year, yours is free how do that?

15. jake says:

wow, i haven’t even seen the line up for Saturday or Sunday yet and im already jumping out of my seat!!!!

1. Carol Feiler says:

really?

16. Mat Weakland says:

THE LINE UP IS AWESOME. Tell everyone involved “AWESOME job”. I can’t wait to hang out all weekend. No Justin? Ok… But Jason Aldean. No Jason Michael Carroll? But Joe Nichols will be there, and it’s awesome to see our boy Josh back. I love that the line up is different every year.. it gives it an excitement like no other.

17. Sue says:

Do NOT miss DUE WEST.
    They will totally rock the place. I am cutting work and driving 5 hours just to be there for 4 pm on Friday.
    I have not seen them before but know their stuff.
    Check BIBLE AND THE BELT by Due West on Youtube.
    Lead singer, Tim Gates wrote it.

When the Smoke Clears is now climbing the charts.

AWESOME SONGS!
    Worth the drive. 🙂
    Yehaw

18. Sue says:

Due West, People. Do NOT miss Due West!

19. Sue says:

Get that Scotty kid from American Idol. he he

20. DOGS INC. says:

Our club has been coming down for hoedown,for a long time i myself have been to all but two of them.We know how much FUN it can be,we come to PARTY!!! all weekend we show up friday about 10:30 am and dont leave till sunday night. But the lineup is a littleweak, i know some years are better then others .But looking back at the hoedowns past i have to beleave that the act’s this year will have to BRING IT !!!!!!!!! we will see. Always looking forward to parting with lot new friends and old ones too.
    P.S. COUNTRY RULES

21. Mike says:

Rats, no zack brown or dierks

1. Ashley says:

Dierks will be here tomorrow at The Fillmore. Better check him out there if you want to see him.

22. tina krim says:

what are the rules for chairs and blankets this year? security had some issues last year. not all of them were on the same page

1. Linda Lee says:

Hi Tina~ I have been told that ‘short chairs’ and blankets will be allowed, but also told that last year security made people take those items back to their car. If I were you, I would not bring either one, just to be dafe! Linda Lee