Fingers Crossed For Reba And Her Family

85816922 8 e1299033143876 Fingers Crossed For Reba And Her Family

Ethan Miller/Getty Images

Even though [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Reba McEntire[/lastfm] was slated to be at the Country Music Hall of Fame announcement today, she is not able to make it.  She had to race home to Tulsa because her father, Clark, suffered a stroke and is in a coma.

While Reba’s father is not doing well, she feels good that he got to know that she was going to be apart of the Hall of Fame and told the Tennessean:

“I asked Momma if she thought it registered, if she thought he understood it,” an emotional Reba told the paper. “She said, ‘Yeah, I do.’ It was very important for Daddy, like the first time I ever performed at the Grand Ole Opry, and this was another milestone he was waiting on, so I’m so glad I got to tell him before it was too late.”

Read more about the event at Tennessean.com and CountryMusicTattleTale.com.

She also left a little audio note for her fans on her blog, here.  And while she was here with George Strait and gave her signature to help fight cancer with our own Linda Lee!

Love, Coop

Comments

1. TINA EPPES says:

Me and my family love Reba and will be praying for your father and your family in the coming days. We just lost my grandmother of 96 years in January and hope that you feel all of the love that is coming your way.

2. K. Wayne Reynolds says:

My wishes go with you and your family. Have always enjoyed your stlye and delightfulness. Prayers with you now.

3. Lorie says:

My prayers are with Reba and her family

4. Jenn says:

I’m so sorry and praying for your family. Daddys are so special to their little girls:) saw you in Tulsa last year with George and loved it! I’m proud of you being from Oklahoma!

5. hey linda it's stephanie says:

OH MY GOD I HAVE TO CALL REBA WHEN I GET HOME I WILL CALL YOU GUYS AFTER I TALK TO REBA XOXO

6. Debbie B says:

Thoughts and prayers go out to Reba and her family!!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

More From 99.5 WYCD Detroit's Best Country

Guide: Little Caesars Arena Concert ScheduleMany of the top names in music have already booked dates at the new arena. Here are the music events booked at the arena so far.
Here’s What You Should Know About Little Caesars ArenaIf you are heading to Little Caesars Arena, you will want to bookmark this page.