The greatest Christmas songs are the ones that touch our hearts! So many bring back memories of our childhood, and family celebrations! Young and old alike, remember that ‘giddy excitement, anticipating ‘Santa’s Arrival” on Christmas morning! Let’s take a walk together down ‘memory lane!’
10. “Alone On Christmas” – [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Stephen Cochran[/lastfm]
“Alone On Christmas” was written specifically to help raise money for the Semper Fi Fund (www.semperfifund.com). The photos were given to us from people around the country serving in our armed forces! You can download the song now on iTunes and help injured warriors. Surely you can ‘imagine’ what it would feel like to be “Alone On Christmas“…let’s be sure to let these soldier’s know that they are NOT alone, because we DO care.
9. “O Come, O Come Emmanuel” – [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Sugarland[/lastfm]
There is no comparison to the raw emotion in Jennifer Nettle’s voice, she is one of country music’s most amazing vocalist’s. Enjoy Sugarland’s sweet Christmas treat.
8. “Santa Baby” – [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Kellie Pickler[/lastfm]
Who better than country music’s little ‘Vixen,’ Kelli Pickler, to bring ‘sexy-back’ to Santa!
7. “Bring Him Home Santa” – [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Song Trust[/lastfm]
God bless our troops! The sacrifices that the men and women who serve our country, like not being home during the holiday’s, is also felt by the families who love them dearly. I dedicate this to all of our military members, and the families they leave behind.
Read more about “Bring Him Home Santa” here!
6. “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” – [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rascal Flatts[/lastfm]
There really is ‘no place like HOME’, especially during the holiday’s and Gary LeVox from Rascal Flatts does an amazing job on this timeless classic.
5. “Christmas Shoes” – [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Newsong[/lastfm]
Get you kleenex box ready for this ‘tearjerker’ that reminds us all, Christmas is a time when we all grieve once again, for those who we have loved and lost…all told through the eyes of a little boy who lost his Mom.
4. “Redneck 12 Days Of Christmas” – [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Jeff Foxworthy[/lastfm]
When my co-worker’s call me the official WYCD ‘Redneck Woman’…I take that as a compliment! So of course Jeff Foxworthy makes my ‘top 10’ list!
3. “O Holy Night” – [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Berry[/lastfm]
There are so many wonderful versions of this spiritual Christmas classic, but I still believe that John Berry’s version is the best!
2. “Blue Christmas” – [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Martina McBride[/lastfm] and Elvis
My personal all time FAVORITE Christmas song, was ALWAYS Elvis Presley’s classic…but after the 2009 release of Elvis Presley Christmas Duets, this amazing duet featuring Martina McBride and how tastefully this video was made to look as if they are actually singing together, it is a ‘MUST see to believe’ video!
1. “All I Want For Christmas Is You” – [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Vince Vance & The Valiants[/lastfm]
For the entire 16 years I have been taking your Christmas song requests on 99.5 WYCD, this remains the #1 most requested Christmas song!
From the entire WYCD Family: Merry Christmas and may God bless you and yours!