Taylor Swift’s CMA “What?” Explained

At the end of “Back to December,” [lastfm]Taylor Swift[/lastfm] was seen mouthing the word, “what?” just as the curtain came down.  Now we know why.

What you didn’t see on TV was Taylor getting a standing ovation. Totally unexpected by Taylor. However, her dress, her style, the piano and the song shows she’s maturing away from the boot-wearing, glitter guitar-carrying little girl. Not totally, but just a little.

What did you think of the performance?

Comments

1. Angie says:

Taylor being “shocked” and “stunned” by people liking her music is getting a little old. We thought it was cute when we saw her open for Dierks up in Saginaw 3-4 years ago, but by now it comes off almost as an act. She should know by now people like her music. It isn’t believable anymore.

1. WOW says:

You know you would do the same thing if somebody honored you like that, Im sure people like George and Reba still do that too. Its not that shes conceited. Shes just happy people like you dont exist at her show. Shes happy for the people that love her enough to clap and cheer for her.

2. Penny Banker says:

I thought the song was good. She is maturing and that is good to see. Also glad that others got the awards not those who wanted it.

3. Sam says:

I smell BS, it sure didn’t seem or sound as if she was getting a standing ovation…. I thought it was a weak performance and song by her

4. Mary Ann says:

It was the best performance I have ever seen from her. I surely see her “maturing” and really enjoyed the song. I haven’t always been a big fan, but that performance made me feel she has more talent than what I’ve seen in the past.

5. Jana says:

This ‘explanation’ is a lie. Taylor Swift was clearly PISSED OFF at whatever was happening, and her band member tweeted about a stupid standing ovation to cover-up the problem (most people were still sitting down when she finished the song). It would be awesome if someone would fess-up and tell everyone what actually occurred.

1. Jane says:

I know, she looked like she was in pain, and not just reacting to the audience. I wanna know what was with the “what?”

6. Cel says:

the performance was pretty good, but she copied Lady Antebellum’s performance from last year with the snow. :/
    & i agree it’s getting old with her being ‘shocked’ all the time.

7. Rebecca says:

I was there… NOBODY stood up… But they did boo her actually. She wasn’t surprised, she was pissed.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

More From 99.5 WYCD Detroit's Best Country

Guide: Little Caesars Arena Concert ScheduleMany of the top names in music have already booked dates at the new arena. Here are the music events booked at the arena so far.
Here’s What You Should Know About Little Caesars ArenaIf you are heading to Little Caesars Arena, you will want to bookmark this page.