Preview ‘Coal Miner’s Daughter: A Tribute To Loretta Lynn’

Coal Miner’s Daughter: A Tribute To Loretta Lynn is in stores November 9th and celebrates Loretta Lynn’s 50 years in the music business. The album features stars hand-picked by Loretta to re-record some of her biggest hits, including Faith Hill, Kid Rock, Reba McEntire, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, and more!

Gretchen Wilson “Don’t Come Home A Drinkin’

Lee Ann Womack “I’m A Honky Tonk Girl

The White Stripes “Rated X

Carrie Underwood “You’re Lookin’ At Country

Alan Jackson and Martina McBride “Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man

Paramore “You Ain’t Woman Enough

Faith Hill “Love Is The Foundation

Steve Earle and Allison Moorer “After The Fire Is Gone

Reba McEntire featuring The Time Jumpers “If You’re Not Gone Too Long

Kid Rock “I Know How

Lucinda Williams “Somebody Somewhere (Don’t Know What He’s Missin’ Tonight)

Loretta Lynn, Sheryl Crow and Miranda Lambert “Coal Miner’s Daughter

Comments

1. maria says:

I loveee “You’re lookin at Country”
    cant wait to hear the whole version🙂

2. Trish says:

Here are my early favorites:

1) Carrie Underwood – You’re Lookin at Country – Carrie’s voice sounds amazing on this song!

2) Paramore – You Ain’y Woman Enough – I like that they stayed true to this country song

1. Kathy says:

That’s one of my favorite songs “you ain’y women enough” because some women think they are. LOL

3. lovelove says:

“You’re looking at Country” WOW. WOW. WOW. It has to be one of the best tracks of the album!

4. patty says:

Lee Ann Womack,wow,such great vocals.

5. DeeDee says:

All the artists sound fantastic!! So happy to have such a tribute to LL!

6. Tanya says:

Wow, Faith sounds so AWESOME! She really can sing anything!

1. Earl Dormer says:

Love is the Fondation isn’t just anything, go back and listen to the orignal version

7. Brenda says:

Carrie sounds great , that is a cd I will buy. They all are great, a real country cd.

8. Tiff says:

OMG..Love Carrie on You’re Lookin at Country. She sounds like she channeled Loretta. Can’t wait to hear the complete song and this album!

1. Richard says:

She did not channeled Loretta Lynn. She is the best their is or she would not have been around so long because when she started it was a mans world ans SHE MADE IT A WOMAN AND MAN world. So thanks to Loretta THE TRUE QUEEN OF COUNTRY MUSIC. People like Carrie can make it in the business so keep you stupid comments. To your self Tiff. I Love You Loretta Honey All 50 Years Of You.

9. Breanne says:

So great to hear some new music from faith, she sounds better than ever!

1. anna says:

carrie? nasal? deaf much?

10. Jammer says:

I was very surprised when I heard You Ain’t Woman Enough. Haley from Paramore does a fantastic job. I think her voice is much nicer than Carrie Underwood’s and just as country. She sounds fantastic. Reba and Faith of course sound wonderful as well as Leanne. I didn’t like Carrie’s rendition much. She’s way too throaty/nasal.

1. Lei says:

Loved Faith’s version! She’s just fantastic in everyway! Loved Paramore also. Kid Rock sounded horrible.

2. Don says:

Some people always have to spew hate no matter the circumstance.I just don’t understand it., guess that’s just who they are.

Love all the clips looking forward to getting this CD.

1. Lei says:

I didn’t say I hate Kid Rock Rock..I said he sounded horrible which is my opinion of him singing that song. I happen to like a lot of kid rock songs.
        Some people are so touchy. Guess that’s just who they are.

11. Jeannie says:

I love love love Carrie’s rendition of “You’re Looking At Country”… I think the whole cd is going to be fabulous! Can’t wait to get it on Nov 9!

12. Larry says:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They did my favorite singer justice!!! Im speachless!!!!!

13. Larry says:

My favorite song of ALL TIME LOVE IS THE FOUNDATION!!!!! Faith you rocked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Earl Dormer says:

Faith does a very good job on this song Larry, it’s great, I love Faith version on this, but love Loretta’s the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Christina says:

WOW Miranda Lambert has the best voice of them all. Her voice is sooo country…like loretta said. Probably why she chose miranda to do her favorite and most successful song. MIRANDA ROCKED IT

15. Christina says:

MIRANDA LAMBERT!!!❤

16. Kristie says:

They all sound great! I wish that Tim and Faith had done Louisiana Woman Mississippi Man, No disrespect, only because those are the two States that they are from. Of course Martina and Alan sound good too.

17. Julia says:

WOW!!! I’m impressed at all the singers! But I’m really digging Carrie Underwood’s version of “You’re Lookin’ At Country”. She sounds fantastic. I guess it’s true what most people has been saying, as a female vocalist, she has no rival… Definitely gonna buy this CD.

18. kian says:

Amazing vocals from all the singers. Beautiful! I have to say, I’m starting to be a fan of Carrie Underwood. You can’t say she isn’t country when she sounds better singing Classic Country as opposed to Contemporary Country. I hope that they release You’re Lookin’ At Country as a single.. I bet it’ll go straight to no.1.

19. RICK CORNETT says:

I think this is an amazing tribute CD to an amazing woman. Loretta Lynn is celebrating her 50th Anniversary in country music and she is still singing with the best of them.
    The CD will be out on Nov. 9th and the CMA awards will be doing a major tribute to Loretta Nov. 10th.
    Long live the undisputed “Queen of Country Music” Loretta Lynn !

20. Patty says:

I Was Impressed On How They All Sang, & Loretta To Pick Who She Wanted Is Her Choice. I Wish They Would’ve Done Ernest Tubb & Loretta Songs Too. Sweet Thang, Who’s Gonna Take Your Garbage Out, George Strait & Tanya Would’ve Done Great, Maybe Another Tribute II In The Making. I Can’t Wait To Get My CD On Nov 9th!!

21. John Shaw says:

GREAT Clips I am really liking Reba’s version of If your not gone to long. I am not a big fan of Kid Rock but he really does a great job on I KNOW HOW. what a great tribute cd to a great lady can’t wait to hear Loretta’s new cd’s when they come out. no better way way to start closing out the year then with 50 years of America’s Sweet Heart the Coal miner’s Daughter Loretta Lynn.
    John
    always for Loretta!

22. Chris says:

How do you hear Carrie’s version?

23. Eduardo says:

I can’t wait to hear Carrie Underwood’s full version of the song!!!!

24. Julie says:

love the Reba, Faith, Miranda, Leanne, Paramore, Lucinda and aksi Steve and Allison covers. EXCELLENT!!

1. Kym says:

It doesn’t get any better then Faith! Can’t wait to hear the whole version:) She sings with such emotion, can’t say that about a lot of singers.

25. marshalleyes says:

so excited for this. I have the live version of You Ain’t Woman Enough. Listen to it every day

26. Larissa says:

WOOOW, so cool! Paramore’s cover is amazing *_*

27. Jodie says:

Paramore….
    I’M CRYING!!
    it’s so perfect! ♥

28. Gem says:

Paramore’s version of You Ain’t Woman Enough….❤!!

29. ervo1973 says:

LOVE this pmore version!

30. Richard says:

Lets not forget who the TRIBUTE IS FOR THE QUEEN OF COUNTRY MUSI LORETTA LYNNN. I Love You Loretta All 50 Years Of You.

31. Shehrin says:

Paramore’s cover of “You Ain’t Woman Enough” is amazing🙂 They sound great! Hayley has a wonderful voice.

32. chrisb says:

paramore’s is great

33. Allie says:

One time I played a live version of when Paramore played “You Ain’t Woman Enough” for my roommate and she was like-wow Hayley has a good southern accent. I laughed and laughed. I was like-she was born in Mississippi and raised in Tennessee!
    I think Paramore was really honored to be a part of this album…they’re in good company, I have to say!

34. lana says:

you ain’t woman enough by paramore sounds awesome!😉 i’ve heard it live at their concert, it was so great.
    she winked at me during that song because i was singing the loudest >_>
    nobody else knew the lyrics D:

35. Cecilia says:

I am in love with You Ain’t Woman Enough! I can listen to it all day and all night long! xD❤

36. yelyehrika says:

PARAMORE’s You Ain’t A Woman Enough rocks!

37. Angelique says:

Paramore sang this live this summer on the Honda Civic Tour and it blew me away. Hayley and Josh killed it. Can’t wait to buy this to hear them, most of all. Reba also sounds amazing, and Miranda Lambert knocks me off my feet.

38. chii says:

i love You Ain’t Woman Enough by PARAMORE..i’ve never heard hayley sing that genre of song so i really love it..

39. Josh Q. says:

I Love All The Covers on this CD!!!! Loretta You ARE and ALWAYS WILL BE #1 !!!!!!! I Love You With All My Heart I am so Proud Of All Your Triumphs and Accomplishments!!!!! You Rock! I can’t wait for the CD nor the Many More Awards Coming to You “The Queen of Country Music”!!!!!!!!

40. larry says:

I hope they release Love is the Foundation as a single!!!!!! Faith did a great job!!!!! As did the rest. I hope radio gives it a chance. Congrats LORETTA!!!!!! We LOVE YOU!!!!! You ARE the QUEEN of COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. Simanek says:

I like the White Stripes and all, but they should have included Neko Case’s version of “Rated X” instead. Her version is awesome and much more closely related to the sound of country music. The White Stripes version almost sounds like a parody.

42. Stephanie says:

I haven’t listened to any songs – or parts of songs. I’d much rather wait until I get a copy of the CD on November 9 and enjoy the whole CD – start to finish. Love ya Loretta!!!!! Congrats on 50 years!!!

43. Greg says:

Loretta will forever be my no1 favorite singer.She has such a beatiful voice,and is a beatful person inside & out.She is god’s gift to country music,and us LL fans.I’m 46,and she has been my no 1 favorite since I was 6.Keep singing Loretta! We Love You! Can hardly wait to get this CD!

44. Russell says:

I Love Miss LOretta ! She is my favorite singer! And has been since i was about 6 years old, she was my mama’s favorite singer too!! I can’t wait for the album to come out. I ordered it on amazon today & the new audio book Coal Miners Daughter, as read by Sissy Speack will prob. go & buy the cd the day it come’s out. Then i’ll wait for the shipment from them.She is too me the Best “Country” singer there is,or ever will be.

45. Candace says:

paramore sounds breathtaking in you ain’t woman enough! such a different side to them

46. Randy says:

I just listened to all of the previews and wow i am impressed! You can bet i will be getting this one! GOD bless Loretta-one of the best things to ever happen to Country Music!

47. Adolf says:

hermoso tributo es genial paramore (:

48. harold says:

I love you Loretta Lynn, Faith did a super job on love is the foundation.

49. cjones says:

Miranda is amazing!

50. Earl Dormer says:

I love the way Faith Hill did ” Love Is The Fondation ” To me it’s the best solo on the album, but as ususal I’ll end up loving all of them.

51. Robert says:

Thank God Loretta did NOT ask Trace Atkins to sing “You Ain’t Woman Enough”.

52. Ian says:

Saw her at Wembley on TV – 1st Country Music Festival organised by Mervyn Conn, many years ago. Went to see her there live a couple of times after that, as she had stopped me in my tracks – and I was not a country fan until that first TV moment.

53. jordan says:

Reba sounds a lot like she used to. I love her newer sound, but you can’t deny old classic country… I LOVE REBA McENTIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of COURSE Loretta!

54. Amanda says:

pARAMORE FOREVER! Loved when they covered this song at one of their concerts! One of the best covers ever!

55. Per says:

Sorry, but Loretta is always Loretta, and no-one can hold a candle yo her! On this cd, everyone is doing her/his best, but they dont´t get within a mile of the real Loretta!