OMG! I Was The Victim Of A ‘Smash And Grab!’

chucks window rs OMG! I Was The Victim Of A Smash And Grab!

After watching Scott Lewis Channel 7  piece on auto ‘smash and grabs’ last week, my truck got jacked up over the weekend. My GPS was the target and they got it.

taylor policers OMG! I Was The Victim Of A Smash And Grab!

The Taylor Police Department has had a tough time lately. Losing fellow officer’s has been a sad reality the T.P.D. has had to face and our hearts go out to them and their families. The officer that handled my ‘truck break-in’ call was Officer Catner. Not only did she collect a very professional report, she actually put on gloves and removed most of the broken glass that was in my seat and floor board!  Not that officers don’t go out of their way to be extra helpful but that was a gesture that I really appreciated.  Next time you see Officer Catner or any officer, tell em’…great job!

Have  you been the target of a ‘smash and grab?’

Comments

1. Heather says:

I was the victim of a smash & grab too… only in my boyfriend’s truck. He drives a long way for work, and i let him have my GPS until he could afford one of his own since he was just starting out and it’s strictly commission. Shortly thereafter i got really sick, and was forced in the hospital for a week. He stayed with me overnight, only to find in the morning that his car had been broken into and my GPS was stolen!! really who steals from a hospital parking lot??? security told him there was nothing they could do… and i still don’t have one to this day!!

2. Suzanne says:

I live in Taylor and I was a victim of smash and grab too. They broke out my car window in the middle of the night. My neighbor heard it and told them to leave or he’d blow their heads off! Thanks to my neighbor they did not get my radio! Thanks Fletcher!

1. Suzanne says:

Taylor is a big city. It has it’s good areas and bad areas, just like any big city. Overall it is a good place to live.

3. Karen says:

Thanks Chuck for the good comments on Taylor Police department I grew up in Taylor although I don’t live there now, I think people are always getting down on Taylor without really knowing what they are talking about. Thanks again!!!!

4. KellyS says:

Sorry to hear about your truck Chuck! I live in Taylor and my experience with Taylor PD for the most part is as you described. My family woke up one morning to find-too late, that we had left the car unlocked in our driveway. No damage had been done and we had left nothing of value to be taken in the car (other than cd’s, and they obviously werent country fans). we were fortunate. Officer Howell came out and took our report and was great. Times are tough and crime happens everywhere. I hope this experience doesnt’ scare you or anyone else from visiting Taylor!

5. kimmy says:

The City of Taylor have many fine police officers. Instead of being negitive, like most would be, you put out a comment like this. Thank You Chuck, you are a class act!

6. Don says:

My kids got thier 2 mountian bikes and a bmx bike stolen in south rockwood over the weekend. They left them on the side of a dirt road while they went off chasing a deer. when they came back about 15 minutes later their bikes were gone. Any leads would be helpful. cdprentals@yahoo.com

7. Matilda says:

I am sorry for the headache you went through having some thief smash your window in and stealing from you! He should use the GPS he stole from you to find his way to the Taylor jail cell. I had that happen to me a few years ago. During the night while my car was in the driveway some “smashers” busted the passenger window and stole my camera. Glad you had great support from the taylor Police!! Maybe they’ll catch ’em!