Josh Gracin Military Benefit Concert!

josh gracin 385x240 Josh Gracin Military Benefit Concert!

99.5 WYCD is pleased to welcome Detroit’s own [lastfm]Josh Gracin[/lastfm] in concert on September 22nd at Coyote Joe’s!  This Cell Phone for Soldiers Benefit Concert is brought to you by the GM Military Discount!

Donate an old cell phone for tickets! Bring your old cell phone to the door at Coyote Joe’s the night of the concert!

Drop off a cell phone at any DETROIT AREA CHEVY DEALER and receive a free ticket to see Josh Gracin in concert. (While dealership tickets last)

For locations click here http://www.chevydealer.com/

Coyote Joe’s doors open at 7 p.m., the concert starts at 8 p.m. on September 22nd!  Click here for map and directions to Coyote Joe’s at 49440 Ryan Road in Shelby Township!

soldiers call home Josh Gracin Military Benefit Concert!

Cell Phones for Soldiers was created by Brittany & Robbie Bergquist of Norwell MA. After reading a story about a soldier who ran up a huge phone bill calling home from Iraq, these two teenagers decided to help out. They started by opening an account with $21.00 of their own money. They are collecting cash donations and old cell phones. The cell phones are recycled for cash and the proceeds are used to buy prepaid calling cards for our soldiers serving in the Middle East. Cell Phones For Soldiers is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Their efforts have motivated people and businesses around the country to donate to this worthy cause. Their goal is to provide every US soldier with a way to call home for free.

“There are more than 130 million phones retired every year in the United States,” said Robbie Bergquist, “If just 2 percent of Americans were to donate their unwanted phones, we could supply every soldier with a free call home – and a small measure of our national gratitude.”

For more information, please visit www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com

To find your nearest Metro Detroit Chevrolet Dealer, please click here.

home but printlabel gm Josh Gracin Military Benefit Concert!

Individuals who would like to support the cause also can also download a pre-paid mailing label at http://www.recellular.com/gm, to ship donations of one to one hundred cell phones.

Comments

1. david says:

For your loved ones and friends who are serving in the armed forces, send them Facebook video greetings through this new app called Cameo Stars, which feature many celebrities including Lindsay Lohan, Carmen Electra, Tony Romo and others.

2. Robert says:

Do yu have to be 21?

1. Kristen says:

I am wondering the same thing….

3. Laura Sapp says:

Ok I am so glad Josh is coming back to Michigan he did a awesome performance for the fallen soldiers families and I was able to attend that with my oldest daughter who her fiancee is also a soldier and I know we have a retired cell phone somewhere if not I will be more than glad to go buy one of the track phones for this great benefit he is doing again, I have become such a big fan of his since 6 years ago when he was voted off American Idol and I have been a true fan ever since, I said he would be famous with that voice and I was right! Wycd if you are looking at this post please let me know more details and if you are running this program how I can get to have 2 meet and greet passes with him? Thanks a whole bunch please check out my facebook page and look at the Armed Forces Veterans Day May 15,2010 he was here by our house and A lady read an email I sent about Josh and had me 4 meet and greets waiting for me at the gate and it was just awesome for the families and this man is the most caring,compassionate entertainer in the world so far. Thanks edwards,Lee and the rest of all of you at WYCD you do an amazing job for your fans. God Bless and check out 2 of my links about the soldiers and pics with Josh Gracin I am under Laura Sylvester on Facebook

4. Barb Derr says:

This is a great idea to support our troops. But..
    what is a fan of Josh’s to do if they don’t have
    a used cell phone to donate. (which I don’t)
    I’d really like to go see
    Josh, can donations be made instead? Hope to hear
    back, thank you,
    Barb

1. Barb Derr says:

should have said WHAT IF instead of what is

5. Marilyn says:

I love Josh’s singing I loved him on American Idol and I am so glad he has made it. Great song!!

6. Margaret says:

My daughter’s boyfriend is serving in Afganistan right now he will be home Oct. 2, 2010 for two weeks. I will be going to a chevy dealership to turn in old phones. After his two weeks home he will then again leave for 10 months.

Thanks

7. emily says:

that concert was AMAZING<3

8. Name says:

my dad,brother,and uncle are in iraq their phone bill went up so much until robbie and brittany decided to help soldiers and it made us feel so relieved and when we needed to call them to tell them that my little bro nolan was going to be born it was really great for him not having to worry about his phine that much

1. amber close says: